Thing 4

RSS

Wow - RSS is way cool. I subscribed to Google Reader and found it very easy to use. I was a little confused on how to add a few of the sites, but found that if I clicked on the orange thingy and it made me say "huh?" then I could just copy the url into the Google Reader box and boing - there it was like magic!

Now the trick is to not get carried away. It would be so easy to get crazy with this and end up spending more time reading the news feeds than I want to spend.

I am always on the lookout for kids craft ideas for story time, and I can see that RSS will be useful for that. I can subscribe to the websites and blogs of crafty people and not have to periodically check to see if there is anything new - it will just magically appear in Google Reader.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Marion County Public Library Events

Followers