Thing 20

Books 2.0

I have always been a fan of e-books. I had an ebookman until the battery died, and a Sony Clie until the battery died. For each device, by the time the battery died, the company stopped supporting it. But while I had them, I loved them! My Clie was small and light and held LOTS of books. I downloaded a bunch of free content and even read my subscription to Fantasy and Science Magazine on it. How convenient to be able to pull it out of my purse or pocket while waiting in line at the store! I would love another ebook reader if I could afford it.
BooksInMyPhone sounds great, but my phone is grounded right now. No more phone Internet until my credit card is paid off! I saw a Kindle a few months ago and thought it was way cool!

Readers Advisory - I looked at Reading Trails and wasn't that impressed - I think it will be better when more people participate - so I tried Booklamp. I just don't know how valuable it is to recommend books based on those criteria. And they haven't analyzed very many books yet.

Book Communities - I liked Overbooked. It's easy to navigate and has a lot of information!

Book Group Resources - I looked at Booksprouts and it sounds great. An online book group sounds like fun!

Audiobooks - I looked at Librivox. I think it's a nice idea to get volunteers to record public domain books, but I wonder what the quality is. I probably wouldn't try it because there are enough professionally recorded audiobooks for me to listen to, but it might be good for someone who listens to more books than I do.

Book Reviews - I looked at BookBrowse and I really liked it. It's a nice-looking site and it seems to have a lot of good content. The only hesitation I have is that they claim to feature "only the most interesting and well written books" and that seems a little elitist to me.

Book Rental - I looked at BooksFree. Seems like a great idea for people who can't get to the library. Looks just like Netflix and I LOVE Netflix.

I added WeRead to my Facebook profile. I was happy to find that one of my friends was already using WeRead also. The bad thing about WeRead was that it was almost impossible to use it at work. It took half an hour to do what I did at home in 2 minutes.

I'm so glad Neflin is leaving 23 Things up. There are so many resources that I want to spend more time exploring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Marion County Public Library Events

Followers