Thing 18

Facebook and MySpace

I already had a MySpace page. I created it a couple of years ago so I could keep up with what my daughter was doing on it. I thought it was fun to decorate it. My profile is at http://www.myspace.com/summertent, but keep in mind I haven't done much with it. Feel welcome to be my friend!

I set up a Facebook page, too. See my Facebook badge on the right. I found a few friends and joined the Librarians and Facebook group and the They Might Be Giants Fan Club.

I actually like Facebook better because it is more predictable. You can show your personality more on MySpace, but Facebook seems to make it easier to find friends and to communicate with them. I think both have their place in the world. I guess it depends on your priorities. I like the teen pages that some libraries have done. I think it makes sense to do it on both MySpace and Facebook. From what I've observed it seems like more of the teens use MySpace, so if we were going to pick one, it should be that one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

Marion County Public Library Events

Followers